The Kids of CFA
At the heart of Compassion for Africa is our vision to birth a new future for the abandoned kids of East Africa. It’s why we exist. Take a moment to meet the very kids that captivated our hearts. They are grouped together according to the group homes in which they live.
(Short biographies on each child were written by the pastors of their group home and can be viewed by clicking on a child’s photo.)
Cana Rescue Center
- Prisca Onea was born March 31, 1997. When Cana Rescue Center took Priscah her health was poor. Her father died due to pulmonary tuberculosis. Her mother is living positively but cannot support all of her four children. Cana found them sleeping on the floor. The family still lives from hand to foot and Cana assists her mother whenever they can. Cana did not have the room to take all of the children. Priscah loves swimming, cooking and helping others. She wants to be a lawyer.
- Grace Wangari was born October 27, 1995. She has 7 brothers and 4 sisters. She was orphaned after the death of both parents and went to stay with her big brother. Her brother was jobless and therefore there was nobody else to care for her. Due to the extreme lack of her necessary need she was then sent to Cana Rescue Center. Grace loves worship songs, dancing, reading the Bible and praying. She wants to be a doctor of surgery.
- Helida Atieno was born May 8, 2000. She lost her mother at a very tender age. Then at the age of six her father passed away. Her aunt took her immediately. At her auntie’s place her living conditions were bad. She was mistreated and overworked and her aunt used to taunt her that her parents had died of AIDS. Helida was forced to seek help from the police who passed her onto the local children’s department offices. She refused to go back to her aunt’s place and so officers from the children’s department brought her to Cana Rescue Center on July 9, 2010. Helida also came with scars from the abuse by her aunt.
- Milka Wangui is a pure orphan who was born to a single mother. The mother died in 2005 due to HIV related infections. She had two children who were left with the auntie, who passed away several years ago. Since that time, it was the grandmother who was taking care of them. When Cana Rescue Center met them, they were desperate, and we decided to take Milka who was the younger one.
- Diana Mutheu was born August 4, 1999. She is an orphan whose parents died when she was 4 years of age. She had been staying with her grandmother since then but in June of 2008 she came to Cana Rescue Center because the grandmother was unable to care for her because of old age. Diana loves to read about God and wants to be a teacher.
- Catherine Awoche was born January 3, 2002 and the second born in a family of five. Two siblings have already died and she has two brothers Allan and Elisha. She lost her Father in 2004 due to TB and AIDS. They immediately went to their rural home in Bondo, Kisumu. It was there that her mother succumbed to illness in 2007. Life was hard there and it became harder after the death of their grandfather in July 2009. Their grandmother was old and could not support them fully with the small scale farming that she did. They often went hungry and never attended school. During a visit to their rural home, an uncle who lives in Mukuru Kwa Njenga decided to take them under his care. Life did not improve greatly as the uncle is a casual laborer. They would only get food the day he got work and they would go hungry when he found no work. They were still not able to go to school because of lack of school fees. Catherine’s problems were brought to our attention when she walked in the Cana Rescue Centre to ask for food because they had gone three days without food. The social worker visited the home to verify the living conditions. After informing the Cana management Catherine was brought to Cana Rescue Center. Catherine is a quiet girl who loves reading, writing and playing with the other kids. She wants to be a pilot when she grows up.
- Jane Wakwasa-Kasini was born March 25, 1999 and is the 4th born in her family of eight. Jane is the daughter of Racheal Maulia and the late Paul Kasini. Her father died of TB complications resulting from his positive AIDS status. Rachael also has AIDS and is currently unemployed and cannot care for Jane and the rest of the children due to sickness and poverty. Jane’s Aunt Fransiscah Syonzau, her guardian, was unable to take Jane but brought her to Cana for help. Cana’s director sent a social worker to check out Jane’s situation and do a further investigation. The social worker confirmed the situation as true and Jane came to Cana Rescue Center to live. At that time she was in class 4 in 2011. Jane is going along well with her studies now and she performs nicely now in class 6. We thank God for her success!
- Betty Endedwa was born December 2, 2001. She and her sister Electrine were orphaned after they lost both parents to HIV/Aids. Together with their siblings, they went under the grandmother’s care. However the grandmother has recently fallen gravely ill and is bedridden with diabetes, hypertension and serious gastric ulcers and is 87 years old. Although both girls were in Cana School, we were not able to take them to the home. Now the grandmother can no longer care for them and it is necessary to bring them to Cana Rescue Center. Marion Ondisa is their cousin.
- Mercy Nduta was born July 24, 1999. After the death of her mother, who was a single parent, her aunt took her. Later her aunt abandoned her. Her grandparents took her but were not able to care for her. She never went to school until she was taken to Cana Rescue Center. Mercy loves to play and jump rope and wants to be a business manager.
- Electrine Edaya was born November 26, 2003. She and her sister Betty were orphaned after they lost both parents to HIV/Aids. Together with their siblings, they went under the grandmother’s care. However the grandmother has recently fallen gravely ill and is bedridden with diabetes, hypertension and serious gastric ulcers and is 87 years old. Although both girls were in Cana School, we were not able to take them to the home. Now the grandmother can no longer care for them and it is necessary to bring them to Cana Rescue Center. Marion Ondisa is their cousin.
- Natasha Njambi was born 11/9/2002. She is Belssing Nduku's sister and she is the first-born in a family of three. She became orphaned in 2010. Their mother was killed by their father after a domestic quarrel. The father then committed suicide. THe sister to her mother took them in, however, she is not financially stable and has no job. They have been in and out of school and were malnourished. We have taken Natasha and her sister Blessing into the home and are counseling them because of the trauma they went through. Her story is the same as her sister's. THey went through the ordeal together and were taken by their aunt together. Both Natasha and her sister Blessing were recommended to us by the local administration.
- Rhoda Mwikali was born April 6, 2004. She joined Cana Rescue Center in January of 2010. Her mother died in 2008 due to Aids. The father is HIV positive. We took her because she was malnourished and very sick. While in nursery class she greatly improved and has tested negative for Aids. We are trusting God for her health. Rhoda loves to play with other children and wants to be a teacher.
- Jane Waigwe was born January 15, 2002 and is destitute child raised by a single mother whom has also been ailing from prolonged T.B. Her father was the only breadwinner and her mother had no means of survival since she had no employment. Jane is the firstborn child in a family of three siblings. Her mother has been struggling to raise these children as they depended on well-wishers, neighbors, and churches in order to get food. Many are the times they went to bed without taking food. Sometimes their landlord used to throw them outside for not paying rent. Jane has not been performing well at school since she used to be sent away by the teachers due to lack of school fees. Since Jane is the only girl in their home, neighbors recommended her mother to seek help and was directed to Cana Rescue Center.
- Juliet Muthike was born February 7, 2003 and is an orphan as both parents passed away. She is a sister to Caroline Kalunde and was raised by her Aunt who has been struggling to feed her together with her siblings. Life was very tough for Juliet’s Aunt and she decided to take Juliet together with her other siblings to rural area to go live with her grandmother. Juliet never used to go to school since there were no school fees and even little money to buy exercise books. Her grandmother used to dig in other people’s farm in order to put food on the table. She grew old until she was no longer able to dig anymore. Juliet’s aunt decided to take her again even though she had no job. Once in a while their neighbors used to give them food and many are the times they went to bed with no food to eat and waking up having nothing to take for breakfast. The situation was worse as Juliet accompanied by her sister Caroline, went house to house to beg for food. Her aunt went to the area chief for help whom directed her to come to Cana Rescue Center for help.
- Jane Mutheu born 10/20/2004. Jane Mutheu was an orphan in a in a family of four siblings, her mother died 2011 by Sinai fire which exploded in a slum. She was taken by her aunt who later abandoned her. After this, Jane's grandmother took her but was unable to take care of her and provide food. She also droped out of school and that's why her grandmother decided to bring her to Cana for help so that she can get basic needs. We took her July 26th, 2013 to the rescue center. Jane will join high school in the year 2017.
- Caroline Kalunde was born May 13, 2005 and is orphaned as both parents passed away. She is sister to Juliet Muthike and was raised by her Aunt who has been struggling to feed her together with her siblings. Life was very tough for Caroline’s Aunt and she decided to take Caroline together with her other siblings to a rural area to go live with her grandmother. Caroline never used to go to school since there were no school fees and little money to buy exercise books. Her grandmother used to dig in other people’s farms in order to put food on the table. She grew old until she was no longer able to dig anymore. Caroline's aunt decided to take her again even though she had no job. Once in a while their neighbors used to give them food and many times they went to bed with no food to eat and waking up having nothing to take for breakfast. The situation was worse as Caroline went house to house to beg for food. Caroline’s aunt went to the area chief for help whom directed her to come to Cana Rescue Center for help.
- Diana Mbithe was born November 27th, 2005. She is an orphan raised by by a single mother who committed suicide after passing through difficult times trying to raise her children. Diana is the last born in a family of three siblings. Her aunt who is the only sister to her mother decided to take her since she was the youngest and the others were left to take care of themselves. Her aunt stayed with her and after a while she changed and started to mistreat Diana. Her aunt who is self employed used to go to the market and Diana was left at home to look after her aunt's small child while other children were going to school. Diana's aunt used to deny her food, give her tough house chores to do and when Diana couldn’t finish her duties, she was beaten thoroughly and was forced sometimes to sleep outside. After a while the neighbors saw it was too much and they decided to approach the authorities who were able to trace her elder sister to take her. Diana's elder sister is unemployed and has been surviving by the help of well wishers and church. She had nowhere to stay as they were hosted by the neighbors. Diana's sister decided to seek help from the local area chief and was referred to Cana.
- Victoria Ambio was born 6/12/2004. She is an orphan from a single mother who left 3 children. Her mother died of HIV/AIDS related infections. The 2 children were left with the grandmother. Later the Grandma died and the children were taken by her aunt who was unable to take care of them and her own children at the same time. Then the Auntie decided to bring her to Cana to seek help since she was unable to take care of her own 3 kids and Victoria and her siblings. During our own investigation we found that there was a big need for help because the auntie was selling bananas on the streets for the survival for the rest of the children so we admitted her.
- Grace Wambui was born September 7, 2005. Grace is a total orphan; her mum passed on when she was 5 years old due to breast cancer and her dad died a year later after their house burned while he was sleeping. Thankfully Grace was at a neighbors at the time. She was taken later to her grandmother who mistreated her to the extent that the neighbors complained to the local chief, who recommended her to be taken to Cana Children's home. Grace has really lacked parental love and this is seen through her lonely countenance and struggle. We have done a lot of counseling since she has come to Cana and she seems happier with her life.
- Maureen Mumo was born January 4, 2006 and is an orphan whose mother died of HIV/Aids related cases. Her father who is also sickly, was not able to take care of them and decided to take Maureen together with her siblings to up-country to live with their grandmother. After the grandmother died they were left to take care of themselves as there was no adult left to watch over them. So Maureen together with her other siblings were sent out of school due to lack of school fees and other learning materials and decided to go to the streets to beg for food. Many are the times they slept without eating food and even staying for many days without taking a
bath due to lack of soap and water. Her father was helpless since there was nothing he could have done for he was jobless and bedridden. His neighbors decided to go to the chief and requested if the children could be helped and supported in any way because they were getting sick with skin infections, malnourished, malaria, pnuemonia and they feared that they could die. Then the area chief brought them to Cana Rescue Center and we agreed to take Maureen with her sister Emmaculate.
- Lucy Wanjiku was born November 17, 2006. She is an orphan as her father died of HIV/AIDS related cases and her mother is also ailing of the same condition. She has been admitted to the hospital the last 9 months and is no longer able to take care of her children. Lucy and her brother were taken by one of their aunts who is the only sister to their mother. Her aunt is a single mother taking care of Lucy and her brother including four children of her own. Since the aunt is unemployed, Lucy was not going to school or even eating food on a daily basis, which was a problem. Lucy together with the other siblings used to go door to door to beg for food and clothing while her aunt has also been trying to find help from churches and neighbors. It reached a time they were even staying for days without eating. Lucy’s condition grew worse as mosquitoes bit her, since she was not sleeping under a mosquito net. Their neighbor who has been helping them by offering food, advised Lucy’s aunt to seek help from the area chief and thereafter she was referred to Cana Rescue Center even as the chief is trying to find a permanent solution for Lucy’s aunt and the remaining children, since they are boys.
- Blessing Nduku was born 12/25/ 2006.We gave her the name Blessing because she only had one name, Nduku. She is the second born in a family of three. She became orphaned in 2010. Their mother was killed by their father after a domestic quarrel. The father then committed suicide. The sister to her mother took them in. However, she is not financially stable and has no job. They have been in and out of school and they were malnourished. We have taken Blessing and her sister Natasha Njambi into the home and are counseling them because of the trauma they went through. Her story is the same as her sister's. They went through the ordeal together and were taken by their aunt together. Both Natasha and Blessing were recommended to us by the local administration.
- Brigid Mbatha born July 24, 2007. Brigid is the 3rd born in her family of three. Her mother Margaret Nduku was married and latter was divorced by Brigid’s father. He then married another wife. The situation then became tough for her poor mother who was jobless with three siblings to love and care for them. Brigid’s mother looked for a job in Cana Rescue Center and became the house-mother of the girls in the group home. Brigid was very sickly before coming to Cana so it is a blessing that she was able to be there and receive care. Brigid came when she was 3 ½ years old. Margaret decided to bring the issue of her other children to the director of Cana concerning how the kids were undergoing a tough situation in a rural area. They were not able to live with her at Cana as they are boys and she didn’t have the money to support them where they were staying. Therefore Brigid needed a sponsor as her mother makes very little money while trying to sustain three children on a tiny income.
- Maryline Adhiambo was born 3/14/2006. She is the third born in a family of five, and two of her brothers have already died. Her father died in 2007 due to TB complications and the mother in 2009. She has been living with an uncle who has been abusing her. The uncle is a casual laborer and was not able to look after her well. She had not been attending school when we took her. Due to these challenges, we decided to rescue her. She is Catherine Awuochoe’s cousin.
- Shantell Wanjiku was born 7/7/2005 class K. She is an orphan from a single mum who died due to electric shock when she was going to the market. She was left with her grandma. For the grandmother to take care of the child was a big challenge because she depended on well wishers to feed them. Shantell was not going to school and needed food, clothing and shelter. The grandma decided to seek help from the area chief who recommended them to come to Cana Center. We also admitted her on 26th July 2013 to Cana Center.
- Naomi Munanie was born 3/8/2007. She was rescued at a time when her physical condition was so bad due towards being malnourished/malaria. The day that we rescued her, she had stayed for three days without food waiting to die. She is the seventh born in a family of eight. Her Father died due to TB complications and mother due to HIV/Aids complications. Naomi's aunt was concerned about her situation and took her, however, she was not able to help much because of poverty. When we took her in she was bedridden for two weeks as she recovered. She is now on her way to recovery and has started school.
- Kasiva Mbula was born on September 2, 2008. She is an orphan raised by a single mother who died of Hiv/Aids related cases. She has been living with her uncle who is an alcoholic. She has not been attending school regularly as per required due to lack of uniform and other learning materials. Life has never been easy to Kasiva as she used to stay many days without eating food and when it was too much to bear, she went door to door to beg for food. Her uncle is a casual labourer and is also alcoholic, the little money he gets he used to drink instead of taking care of his family. His wife decided to pack and left him with Kasiva since she couldn’t take it anymore as she used to be thoroughly beaten when she was asking for food. Kasiva went to school with torn clothes and barefooted and at times refused to go back home. Kasiva's teachers were concerned with her situation and decided to consult one of the voluntary children officers for help since they feared the uncle could harm Kasiva if she returns back home. The officer brought Kasiva to Cana and we decided to take her.
- Rose Mwelu was born December 31, 2007 and is a destitute child raised by a single mother. Her father died of HIV/Aids related cases and T.B. Rose’s mother suffered for a very long time even before her husband died. She had to nurse Rose’s father as he was bedridden and at the same time she went house to house to seek for work, washing peoples clothes in order to get some little money to feed her family. Rose performed poorly at school since many are the times she never attended school due to lack of tuition money and had no school uniform. Rose used to wear torn clothes and also she was malnourished. Sometimes her mother came home with no money or food since it’s not always everyday for her to get work. Church members used to help them with food and some little money to pay rent as they used to sleep outside when their landlord sent them away for not paying rent. One of the neighbors decided to help out and took Rose to Cana and told Mrs. Mambo how the child needs help and even medication.
- Ann Mukami was born October 14, 1998. She is an orphan and was left under the care of her grandparents. The grandparents were very weak and old and could not work or care for the child's basic needs therefore she was taken to Cana Rescue Center. Ann enjoys washing and cleaning and loves to work hard. She would like to be a baker.
- Ann Kiloko was born March 21, 1997. She was brought to Cana Rescue Center by the local authorities. Her mother was a single mother who died and for several years, until she came to Cana, she was out of school. She was staying with her aunt who was not able to take her to school or care for her. Anne enjoys praying and likes to jump rope. She wants to be a cashier.
- Caroline Wanjiku was born _____. She is a pure orphan and sister to Milka Wangui. Since we were able to get another sponsor we were able to bring Caroline to Cana Rescue Center in Jan. of 2011. The mother died in 2005 due to HIV related infections. She had two children who were left with the auntie. The aunt then passed away last year. Since that time, it was the grandmother who was taking care of them. When Cana Rescue Center met them, they were desperate, and we decided to take Milka who was the younger one and now with an additional sponsor are able to take Caroline. She was not attending school when we took her, but now she is in school. She is in class seven. We will evaluate her performance this year and see if she needs to repeat the class.
- Cynthia Akinyi was born October 24, 1996. She has two brothers. After the death of her father it was hard for her mother to care for the children since she was without a job. She took the two brothers to their grandparents and was left with Cynthia. She began to mistreat her and made her go without food for days. Cynthia then began to work for her neighbors to earn a little money for food but they also abused her. She was then taken by Cana Rescue Center. Cynthia loves to read and dance. She wants to become a businesswoman.
- Urelia (Yush) Adambwa was born July 17, 1997. She has three brothers and one sister. After the death of her father, the mother was denied by the family and they had nowhere to go. The mother got sick and there was nobody to take care of the children. After the death of the mother, Yush was taken by Cana Rescue Center where she started going to school, received food and love. Yush enjoys dancing and wants to be a nurse.
- Cynthia Mwikali was born in 2015 She is a total orphan raised by a single mum who died of HIV/Aids related cases and TB. She was therefore taken by the grandmother who is old and unable to take care for her. She had no source of income. After a long suffering, she was later brought to Cana for care and protection. We tested her for Hiv and she turned negative. We later on took her for sputum test to test for TB,and we are still waiting for results to come back.
- Antonnet Akinyi was born January 23, 2008 and is a total orphan because both of her parents died of HIV related causes. One of her relatives who was willing to stay with her and her siblings took them. The relative got so sick until she was unable to take care
of them any longer. She passed on leaving Antonnet hurt and broken since she was the youngest. Her two elder
brothers indulged into drugs and Antonnet was left with no one to take care of her. One of the children’s
officers passed by and found Antonnet sleeping beside a sewage. She had not eaten for days and
that’s when she was brought to Cana Rescue Center in 2015.
- Emmaculate Ndungwa Kivinda was born on October 17, 2005. She is an orphan and sister to Maureen Mumo whose mother died of HIV related causes and TB. She was raised by a single father who is alcoholic and sickling. The father was unable to take care of the two girls as he was always absent leaving Emma and her sister vulnerable to people who were physically and sexually abusing them. The neighbors were concerned and reported the case to the area Chief and Cana Rescue Center rescued them in April of 2015.
KINS Redeemer Children’s Home
- Cissy Naktao was born March 2, 2002. She has a fraternal twin sister Juliet Bebirye. Following the death of the mother, the father dumped the three-week old babies at the home of an American missionary lady. Unfortunately she also didn’t live long. She passed away when she had returned home for treatment. A YWAM team working with AIDS patients in the village learned of the fate of the children and they brought them to us. Since then we have identified the father. We have learned that the twins are the 7th and 8th of his 8 children. They have tested free of HIV although their father is struggling with AIDS and his health is deteriorating. He has since visited and was all smiles to learn that his kids are HIV negative. He said, Pastor I have given these kids for life. No person should ever temper with you. Cissy loves to run, dance and pray. She wants to be a pilot.
- Juliet Babirye was born March 2, 2002. She has a fraternal twin sister Cissy Bebirye. Following the death of the mother, the father dumped the three-week old babies at the home of an American missionary lady. Unfortunately she also didn’t live long. She passed away when she had returned home for treatment. A YWAM team working with AIDS patients in the village learned of the fate of the children and they brought them to us. Since then we have identified the father. We have learned that the twins are the 7th and 8th of his 8 children. They have tested free of HIV although their father is struggling with AIDS and his health is deteriorating. He has since visited and was all smiles to learn that his kids are HIV negative. He said, Pastor I have given these kids for life. No person should ever temper with you. Juliet loves running, singing and playing soccer. She wants to be a nurse. She will be going to boarding school this February and lost her sponsor in October so now needs a new one.
- Charity Namata was born February 11, 2003. Both parents are still living in a village 30 miles N.E. of Jinja in Kayunga District. They live below poverty level. By religion they are Anglicans. Charity is the 3rd of 4 siblings. Her youngest sister of 3 years has an abnormality, a swollen head. Doctors keep siphoning off the water from her brain. It has cost the parents all the meager income they can earn. Charity has fit well into KINS Redeemer Children’s Home. Occasionally she has seen her mother but she does not want to return to the village with her Mum. Teachers say she is an attentive listener in class. They also compliment her hand writing skills. Charity loves running and soccer and wants to be a lawyer.
- Gerald Tusubira was born in 2003. His father died in an accident and his mother had to give him up because she has 3 other children and lives in extreme poverty and cannot care for him. He spent time with relatives where the older boys abused him. It took Gerald 7 months with special love and care to overcome the traumatizing memories of the former home and another 3 months to gain enough boldness to start sharing his experiences. Today he is happy, very playful and also very bright in class and in Sunday school. Gerald loves to play ball and soccer and wants to be a driver.
- Shamira Namwase was born March 17, 2004. When she first came to KINS Redeemer Children's Home her speech had yet to become clear. She was born to Moslem parents and is the 3rd of 4 siblings. Her father died of AIDS and her mother is HIV+. After the father's death her mother left their rented home, which she could no longer pay for, and went to live with her old grandmother. Shamira's mother has never been to visit as health is gradually worsening. Shamira loves to run, dance, and sleep. SHe wants to be a teacher.
- Juliet Babirye was born March 2, 2002. She has a fraternal twin sister Cissy Bebirye. Following the death of the mother, the father dumped the three-week old babies at the home of an American missionary lady. Unfortunately she also didn’t live long. She passed away when she had returned home for treatment. A YWAM team working with AIDS patients in the village learned of the fate of the children and they brought them to us. Since then we have identified the father. We have learned that the twins are the 7th and 8th of his 8 children. They have tested free of HIV although their father is struggling with AIDS and his health is deteriorating. He has since visited and was all smiles to learn that his kids are HIV negative. He said, Pastor I have given these kids for life. No person should ever temper with you. Juliet loves running, singing and playing soccer. She wants to be a nurse.
- David Kagame was born March 27, 2001. He is the last of 5 children. After the death of both parents to AIDS, his grandma Milly Zalwango (72 yrs) took in all her five grandchildren. They lived in a ghetto 2 miles north of Jinja. After sometime a distant relative came from Rwanda and took three of the children, leaving the youngest two. Edith, the senior housemother, learned of the struggles of the older lady and presented the need to us. We prayed and felt the need to take David. David still remembers the ghetto very well and he is always happy to go visit grandmother and his brother but he does not want to spend the night there. He had not attended school previously therefore he was behind. His teachers feel that he will catch up are working with him to do so. David loves running and playing soccer and wants to be a builder.
- Rebecca Nantongo was born October 15, 2000. She is the granddaughter of the housemother Edith. Rebecca’s mother is a single mom and has left her with Edith to raise, therefore we want to help this child also with support. She loves to run, dance and sing. She wants to be a teacher.
- Martha Kisakye was born on June 23, 1998. She was born into a seemingly stable home with three other siblings. Her father was an officer in the National Resistance Army and a trainer of the political commissars in the National Political School. He started having severe headaches and had contacted cerebral malaria and never recovered. The mother after receiving money from the government, from her husband’s death, left the children and ran away with a new lover. Martha' paternal aunt is Edith the housemother. Martha and her older sister, Mariam Musika, also live in KINS Redeemer Children’s Home. She loves to play basketball and netball with her school’s team. She wants to be a nurse.
- NAME:- WITNIE KALEMBE.
AGE: - 5 YRS
DAD'S NAME:- IVAN WANUME (DEAD EARLY THIS YEAR 2016).
MOM'S NAME :- SHAMIM SAUDA. (VERY NEEDY, She left Witnie with the old paternal grandma).
NEXT OF KIN:- BETTY NABIRYE (GRAND MA)
VILLAGE : - NYIZE.
DISTRICT: - KAYUNGA.
- NAME : MERCY NAMUGAYA.
AGE : - 5 YRS CLASS: - KINDERDATEN .
RELIGION : - BORN AGAIN .
DAD'S : - HENRY MUGENDA.( DISAPPEARED , FEARED DEAD )
MOM'S NAME : LYDIA MIREMBE.
- NAME: JONATHAN KIZZA
AGE: 5 D. O.B : 30 NOV 2011
CLASS: NOT YET.
RELIGION : BORN AGAIN .
DAD'S NAME : JOSEPH KIBEDI . (DISAPPEARED )
MOM'S NAME : REBECCA KISAAKYE .
HEALTH CHALLENGE : STOMACH ACHES & YELLOW EYES .
Mother has so far been widowed twice, leaving her with three children including Jonathan. For survival she moved in with yet another partner with whom she has a new 2year old baby. The family's condition is pathetic! Unaided, the children seem to have no future!
- NAME : SARAH KIRABO.
AGE: 5 YRS. CLASS: NOT YET.
DAD'S NAME : BASHIR ( DISAPPEARED before Sarah was born, FEARED DEAD )
MOM'S NAME: SARAH MIREMBE.
HEALTH CHALLENGE : TUMMY ACHES.
Sarah's father disappeared leaving back a pregnant mother. So Sarah has never seen dad! For survival the mother went to cohabit with another man but the union quickly turned very abusive and becoming unbearable after producing one other sibling of Sarah. Mother is still alive but very weak, sickly and jobless.
- NAME: JEMIMA NAMUKOSE.
AGE : 8 YRS.
RELIGION: BORN AGAIN .
DAD'S NAME : ESAU WAISWA (DIED of HIV/AID IN 2011)
MOM'S NAME : NIVY WAISWA (BAR MAID)
HEALTH CHALLENGE : SKIN FUNGAL DISEASE.
Jemima is now in the care of her paternal grandma as her mother is burdened with two other children and with no steady income. The grandma is struggling with other grandchildren - a number of whom are like Jemima having lost either a father or a mother.
- NAME :- SUCCESS WAISWA
AGE: - 6.
CLASS: - NOT YET IN SCHOOL .
TRIBE : - MUSOGA .
RELIGION : - ANGLICAN .
DAD'S NAME : - ESAU WAISWA (DIED IN OCT 2010).
MOM'S NAME : - NIVY WAISWA ( BAR MAID ).
HEALTH CHALLENGE : - NONE.
- NAME: SHAKUR ASIIMWE. (now sponsored)
AGE: 7 YRS D.O.B : UNKNOWN
CLASS: KINDERDATEN .
RELIGION : MUSLIM.
DAD'S NAME: UNKNOWN .
MOM'S NAME : UNKNOWN AND DEAD.
NEXT OF KIN : NALULE.
HEALTH CHALLENGE : NONE:
Mother died of HIV/AID when Shakur was a few days old. The baby was taken by Mother’s sister ( maternal auntie) who also passed in 2014. The burden for Shakur's care was then left to the man with whom the auntie was cohabiting. He has since then got another partner and Shakur is evidently unwanted in that home.
- NAME: CORNELIUS OTHIENO.
AGE: 7 YRS . (6) D.O.B : UNKNOWN .
DAD'S NAME: UNKNOWN .
MOM'S NAME : BRIDGET AKELLO. (DEAD)
NEXT OF KIN: FEDERICA ABOUT ( GRAND MA).
HEALTH CHALLENGE : NONE.
Cornelius was a teenage pregnancy product. During the process of birth the mother passed away. His grandmother had earlier passed two years before. The great grandma (87yrs now) being the only surviving relative took on the baby. As he grew and started becoming a nuisance in the village for lack of food, a kind neighbor took him in but does not want to keep him for long. Nobody knows anything of his paternal side of family.
- NAME : MICHAEL BATAIRE
AGE: 6 YRS
D.O.B : UNKNOWN
CLASS: Primary 2
RELIGION : ADVENTIST.
DAD'S NAME: DANIS BATAIRE (DIED).
MOM'S NAME : UNKNOWN.
NEXT OF KIN : CHALLENGE GAALYA.